For the third year Scuba Kamp is heading to the ocean! That's right! We are taking ALL scuba Kampers to Destin, Florida, for a week at the beach! Here are some of the details:
- As always, Biblical discipleship will be at the forefront of the Scuba Kamp experience!
- The first week of Kamp will be as usual-- Opening Day will be held at K-2, and all Scuba Kampers will be housed there. Kampers will learn to scuba dive in the K-2 pool and area lakes (advanced divers will review in the pool and dive in area lakes as well). Then we will head to Destin, Florida, on the Thursday of the first week of Kamp.
- At the end of the second week of Kamp, we will head back to Branson, Missouri, for our closing ceremonies.
- Closing ceremonies will be held in Branson.
In Destin, we plan to:
- Stay at campgrounds close to the beach
- Dive almost daily on the oceanfront
- Dive one day out on the ocean from a dive boat- this will be a wreck dive
- Dive in a clear spring (with 100 foot visibility)
- Tour the Battleship Alabama
- Visit the Pensacola Naval Air Musuem
- Tour Eglen Air Force Base (personal tour given by a Kanakuk staff member)
- Eat seafood!
- And more... stay tuned
We hope that you can join us this year for the most exciting Kanakuk Scuba Kamp in the history of Kanakuk! Space is limited, so sign up soon!